Monday, February 16, 2009

Lasts and Firsts

Well folks, I have left my home for a new home. I prolonged the inevitable for as long as possible. Finally after running in for a quick minute(turned into almost 3 hours) to Aaron's house to pick up a shirt I left there, he told me it was time to go, and essentially kicked my procrastinating, GR loving self out of his home! That is a first! I have never heard of him kicking anyone out of the home that welcomes anybody, anytime! :-)

The "See ya Later" Party was Saturday night and since it was so last minute, ended up being nice and small. I was actually glad for this, which is a first. My normal personality says, "the more the merrier!" This time, I was glad for just a few! It was nice to hang out, play rock band, sing terribly, and watch my friends(some of them) sing terribly! The boys touted this party as a "Lincoln's Birthday Party, Valentine's Day, and a See Ya Later!" shindig. They made a sweet card and had everyone write notes in it! Check it out!!! I think it was pretty creative and sweet, especially since it was all conceived and created by boys, er umm men!! Oh and for snacks at this gathering, a beautiful bowl layered with fresh berries of varying colors! Very impressive and pretty! Wish I had taken a picture of that!


I even got Godiva chocolates, from a man, on Valentine's Day! That is a first! Ok before you all start thinking anything, it was a spontaneous and sweet gesture at helping me get my chocolate cravings in without blowing the calorie budget from one of "the boys"! 8 of these delightful pieces of heaven are only 25 calories! And even if the craving is really really bad, you COULD eat the whole container and still not blow your calories so far out of the water that it is unrecoverable! I might need to buy stock in Godiva now!!!


Apparently, I cannot count! There are 9 pieces here! You get the idea!

I arrived at my new home last night about midnight and since my bed was not made and there were 6 young children sleeping in sleeping bags on the floor (we are watching the nieces and nephews this week) I did not unload my car or make my bed, and just went to sleep on the couch. Of course that means at 7 AM those small children began waking up and of course they are super excited to see their Auntie who they haven't seen since Christmas! Here are a couple of the faces I awoke to far too early this morning!






My first breakfast! Oh man, cinnamon toast crunch, cocoa puffs, or cheerios with banana! What do you think I chose? I didn't have these choices in GR!


My first real temptation. This was offered to me by one of those sweet faced children shown above. The half eaten cookie itself was not a temptation. It was resisting the sweet sweet plea of a handsome 4-year old boy who just wanted to share what he considers sweet goodness with me. "Please Auntie, eat my cookie!" he pleaded. "I want to share it with you!" I resisted!



In just a little bit, I will complete my first workout here. I will run/walk 1 mile to a friends house, where i will visit her and her new baby boy! Then I will run/walk home. This will be a first for me to run outside, where it is cold and where if I am tired I can't just stop, walk off the track and go home. I actually have to make it all the way home. I think running it will be warmer than walking it and since my mom will have 6 small children at home with her, there won't be any rides! :-) It will be a matter of do it or freeze!!
Later, the children have asked me to take them to Chuck E. Cheese for dinner and to play. This will be a wonderful navigation process as tomorrow is weigh in day! As of Saturday I was down 3 LBS. I am not about to eat a piece of salty pizza and mess that up. If I stay at least 3 lbs down I will be hitting the 40+ lb mark which means I am almost to 50 Lbs, which means I am almost 1/4 of the way to my goal, which is almost done! I can see the finish line if I can make it to the 1/4 mark and that is just around the corner!!




















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim...I'm glad you took time to catch us up on the happenings in your life. Praying for you! You ROCK!!! :)

Anonymous said...

What an awesome post and I am glad that you made it to your new home, safe and sound. I have a feeling that you are on cloud nine now and maybe even a bit more relaxed and at ease. Great job in getting a workout in as well, and you were worried that you would continue on like you were doing before. That and all you do are great accomplishments. I thought that was sweet of the guys to do what they did for you. You have some pretty great and support friends there and you must feel truly blessed.
You are well on your way girl and Congrats on the weight loss as well.

Anonymous said...

hey Kim. Just wanted to check in and see if you made it to your destination safely. Sounds like you had a good last weekend with your friends. And ... those are such cute faces to wake up to at your new home! Glad all is going well!

Anonymous said...

Hello gorgeous lady! Glad to see you survived the weekend and the onslaught of little relatives. Enjoy it! I don't suppose you'll share those lil Godivas with me...long distance? ;-)

Kim said...

Thanks Jenn and Teresa!

Rob, you have not been updated on Tuesday or Wednesday yet :-) Not so good!

Tailwagger- Nope sorry cannot share...USPS will not allow GOdiva's to travel through the mail...something about homeland security! :-)