Sunday, February 22, 2009

Out of the mouths of Babe's

OK, I WAS gonna take a photo to go along with this post, but well, after I took it I decided it was just absolutely wrong and possibly criminal to subject you to a photo of my belly roll. My thought was I should get the humiliation over with now just IN CASE I make it on TBL. But rational thoughts kicked in when I saw the photo and I decided, IF I make it on the show, I will cross the bridge of showing my belly to the world when I get there. Until then, use your imagination if you don't have a belly roll, or picture yourself if you do. If you are using your imagination though, please use someone other than myself for your visual! :-)

So here is the story to go with the title!

I was changing into my workout clothes this week when my 2 yr old niece walked in to see what I was up to. She found me shirtless. Oh well! She is 2 right!! What can a 2 yr old possible think?

Emma: Auntie, what are you doing?

Me: Well I am changing my clothes, so I can go to the gym.

Emma: Auntie, what is that? (mind you she is pointing at my belly roll!)

Me: hmmm...well Emma, that is my belly.

Emma: Me don't like it!

Me: Me neither, Babe, me neither!


Later, after the gym we were cuddling and watching something on Nickelodeon and she says.

Emma: Auntie, you have a belly here (pointing to the roll she doesn't like) and here (pointing to the 2nd roll but only on one side of me) and here (pointing to the other side)

Me: Yep, I do. :-(

Emma: Me don't like it!

Me: Me neither, Babe, Me neither!

Gotta love their honesty, but dang! Does it have to be THAT honest? Can't they spin it just a little so as not to sting quite so much?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) I feel for you. My niece took to asking me "Are you looking thinnier? I think you are looking thinnier." This came after the "Your Fat" comment and my explanation that people come in all shapes and sizes and that we love people for who they are and not what they look like I love the word thinnier.

Good luck with your bid to get on TBL. I've almost sent a tape in a few times, but I don't know how I would be able to get away from my real life long enough to participate, so I decided not to even try. I'll be rooting for you!

Anonymous said...

The innocence of childhood is amazing. I remember when my nieces and nephews would comment and say "You're FAT". It hurt but they are young and probably don't realize what they're actually saying. You got to still love their cute little smiles though. That always makes up for everything.
Now when and I did say the word WHEN you get on TBL you won't forget all about us, will you? I sure will be rooting for you all the way. Maybe we will even get some T-shirts made up to support you on that journey. God, I am so proud of you girl.

Anonymous said...

Oh boy do I hear ya on this. I have had those same things happen to me. This situations suck. I mean, we already know the truth but it is no fun at all to hear from another person, babe or not. You are doing great.

Kim said...

Teresa, I say send in a tape...see what happens, have fun with it...making the video is actually quite transformative in itself! And then if you are picked...figure that out when you get to that bridge!

Rob, How could I forget about you all? That would be like forgetting Coach or Aaron, all of you are part of my journey, helping me to move forward one step at a time! T-SHirts! You are funny!! You will know I made it if come April/May Ijsut disappear from blogland! hehe

Thanks Jason for your support!

You all are fantastic to keep coming by and reading my dribble :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow...you don't know whether to hug them or smack them. :) Ok...I know you wouldn't smack the sweet little baby.

My grandmother used to hate it when the little ones would play with her "wings" -- the flabby parts under her arms. Also, one of our good friends hates it when his grandkids plays with his chin! The sweet little ones think that it is fun -- they don't realize that it hurts our feelings.

Kim said...

nope they don't cuz they are just kids...who haven't learned to filter yet. Love it and hate it at the same time!