Thursday, November 13, 2008

Time for some Reward Goals




I have been thinking about some of the things I have always wanted to do but have not done out of fear and really weight. I have just under 200 lbs to go before I reach my goal weight. And here is what I want to do.


When I am halfway there, I want to actually complete a high ropes course with some of my friends. I have always wanted to do this and have even had opportunities to do so. I once even started one and came back down because of my fear. First I had to trust someone to be paying attention enough to not let me fall....then I had to trust that the rope was strong enough to hold me. Well, all the scientific data in the world could have been given to me and I still would not have believed it. Then of course there is the dreaded fear that even if I did trust those things...would the stupid harness even fit! SO that is my halfway goal reward.
Then when I finally reach my goal...which if I lose 3 lbs a week, this will be achieved in Feb 2010, I want to go sky diving! Since that time of year is very cold in Michigan...it may mean a trip to somewhere warm! But again, same fears about the chute fitting...but with an added fear of I might hit the ground before I remember to pull my chute. I know! I Know! I am ridiculous....but hey, I am just being honest! And since i have been doing some research I know that with tandem diving, that won't happen but still...I need a great awesome and amazing reward for WHEN I finally am in the body I am meant to be in!
Sooooo anyone up for a ropes course next summer and skydiving in 2010?? Who is up for a celebration like never before?? Well at least what may be the 2nd biggest celebration ever!!






2 comments:

Angie said...

While I will not jump out, I will ride in the plane and wave as you do! Brava!

Kim said...

Everybody wants to ride in teh plane, but nobody wants to jump!!! I will find someone yet who will jump with me!!!