Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Home is Where...




I feel most loved.


Most accepted.


Most challenged.


Safest.


Where I feel enCOURAGEd.


Where I feel the most able and willing to take risks.


It is not always a physical place.


It is where when I need a hug, I don't even need to ask, because it is already given.


It is where when I don't want to be alone, I am not.


It is where I am listened to, and heard.


It is where I can be the most vulnerable.


It is where I can be the most afraid and the least afraid at the same time.


It is where the people around me know me better than I know myself and are not willing to let me settle for less than the best.


Home is where the people around me ask the hard questions and don't let me squirm away from the answers.


It is where I feel like I really CAN do anything because those around me believe I can.


It is where I am stretched beyond myself.


It is where I can be silly. Where I can laugh until I pass out and know that I am being laughed with and not at.


It is where help is just a phone call away.


It is where I feel beautiful, talented, fabulous, gorgeous.


It is where I feel most alive.


It is where I am known.
It is where even my unspoken words are heard louder than my spoken ones.


Home is the closest thing to Heaven on earth and the only place I want to be...




and I may have to leave it soon...and my heart breaks.

No comments: