Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Wow, What a feeling!

ok so we all know, if you are a regular reader here, that I have lost 43.5 lbs. What you don't know is that I am still wearing my same clothes. When I wear my jeans I just belt'em up real good and my shirts are just baggy. My gym clothes...well who cares if they fit or not...as long as they are still staying up when I run that is all I care about. I do have some clothes in reserve from the last time I lost weight, but I have been kind of afraid to pull those out, just in case they don't fit yet.

Tonight, a friend and I were talking about weddings that are coming up and I was thinking that I would have to get some new clothes for sure by then. Wondering how much weight I can lose between now and June to look my absolute finest. My friend has some weight to lose, but less than I, so her clothes of course are smaller than mine...and she has some great dresses (although wrong color for me). I pulled out one of her dresses and tried it on tonight. Wow! What a feeling to put on a dress that is 3 sizes smaller than my last known for sure size...and have it fit....really well!!!

Doing a happy dance....but not a Zumba dance! :-) hehehehe HAHAHAHA HOHOHOHO HEHEHEHEH

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Kim! I know that "closet" shpping was my favorite thing when I was losing (unfortunately I'm gaining -- UGH!). It was so fun to try on something 1, 2, or 3 sizes smaller and find that it fit. I also found that once I started wearing clothes that fit me better, I looked a whole lote more like I'd lost the weight. I am so proud of your accomplishments and excited for your progress. You ROCK!

Teresa

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing Ms. Ariel... I keep on wearing the same clothes and just tighten up the belt. The baggy shirts have a way of hiding all the excess material from the pants. :-) I really don't want to buy any new clothes till first, I have to..or second until I reach my goal weight.
I too don't really care what i look like at the gym, to some degree. I am there to workout and sweet, not there for a beauty pageant. :-)
So is the wedding you going to..is that your own? :-) is there a secret your not telling your fellow blogeer friends. :-)
Your doing an awesome job on your weight loss. I find it quite impressive and you're not given up. Then again I won't let you either.
Have a great day ahead and I'll be answering your comments soon.

Kim said...

Teresa, yes it is fun. I have a couple shirts that for some reason never got packed away and so thos efit me and I seem to notice more when I wear those how much I have lost...but yeah...seriously have to unpack more of that stuff and start packing up the old 32's.

Rob, HA you make me laugh! NO it is not my wedding!! Are you kidding me? First, I need to find a guy willing to marry me for that to happen...2nd...I want a fall wedding with all the glorious Michigan fall colors surrounding me on my wedding day so ummm that wont work for this year...not enough time to meet that guy for 2009. BUt...I could shoot for meeting him this year and marrying him fall of 2010! :-) heheh The weddings I am going to are some friends from GR...2 weekends in a row...If I work extremely hard, I can easily lose another 20 by then and maybe 30...which would be another 2 sizes down I think! YEAH!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim-

I don't read this often enough, I guess. But I do read every entry. lol

I remember that when I lost weight AND bought some smaller clothes (even before I was done) people noticed a lot more that I was smaller. It was awesome. lol

Great job on you 43+ pounds. You are awesome!